The 2023 MotoGP grid is ready PHOTO: MotoGP) MotoGP's "foolish season" heading into 2023 officially concluded this week. Heading to the Ar
The 2023 MotoGP grid is ready PHOTO: MotoGP)
MotoGP’s “foolish season” heading into 2023 officially concluded this week.
Heading to the Aragon Grand Prix, there were only two free seats left among the teams in the stellar category, which have already been confirmed.
On Tuesday, LCR Team renewed for another year Takaaki Nakagami, who will have a sixth campaign with the group and with assistance from Honda. With 80 starts, the Japanese centaur has been best among the independents five times, along with one PP and four front-row starts.
For the coming year, his teammate will be alex rins, coming from Suzuki and who will replace Alex Marquez.
The other remaining seat was second to GASGAS Tech3 Factory Team, the KTM satellite squad, which will have Augusto Fernandez as holder.
Originally from Mallorca, he has achieved four victories in Moto2 and leads the championship with six dates remaining with Red Bull KTM Ajo. After debuting at the World Cup in 2017, he finished fifth in 2019 and 2021. He will be a teammate of Pol Espargaro, who left Honda.
Augusto Fernandez (PHOTO: Gold & Goose/Red Bull Content Pool)
With this, the eleven teams that will compete in the 2023 World Cup are ready: nine centaurs will change their group while Remy Gardner and Darryn Binder they were left without a seat, in addition to Andrea Dovizioso he retired. Suzuki leaves MotoGP while RNF leaves Yamaha performance to take over Aprilia.
2023 MOTOGP LINEUPS
- Yamaha: Fabio Quartararo and Franco Morbidelli
- Ducati: Francesco Bagnaia and Enea Bastianini
- Sling: Marc Marquez and Joan Mir
- aprilia: Aleix Espargaro and Maverick Viñales
- KTM: Brad Binder and Jack Miller
- Pramac Ducati: Johann Zarco and Jorge Martin
- Gresini Ducati: Alex Marquez and Fabio di Giannantonio
- GasGas KTM: Pol Espargaro and Augusto Fernandez
- LCR Honda: Alex Rins and Takaaki Nakagami
- RNF Aprilia: Miguel Oliveira and Raul Fernandez
- VR46 Racing Team: Luca Marini and Marco Bezzecchi