The American Marina Alex won her second LPGA title on Sunday by winning the Palos Verdes tournament in California, after achieving six birdies in t
The American Marina Alex won her second LPGA title on Sunday by winning the Palos Verdes tournament in California, after achieving six birdies in the final round, in which she had 66 strokes (-5) for a total of 274 hits ( -10).
Alex, 31, beat South Korean and world number one Ko Jin-Young in one shot. His only title on tour had been at the 2018 Portland Classic.
In third place were her compatriot Megan Khang and New Zealander Lydia Ko, both with 276 strokes each (-8).
The Mexican María Fassi was the best placed Latin American in a distant step 49 with 285 hits (+1).
The Spanish Fátima Fernández and Carlota Ciganda, as well as the Colombian Mariajo Uribe, did not make the cut in the second round.
– Final result of the LPGA tournament in Palos Verdes, California, played on a Par 71 course:
1. Marina Alex (USA) 274 (70-68-70-66)
2. Ko Jin-young (KOR) 275 (64-72-73-66)
3. Megan Khang (USA) 276 (67-69-72-68)
. Lydia Ko (NZL) 276 (69-67-70-70)
5. Ryann O’Toole (USA) 277 (68-71-70-68)
. Andrea Lee (USA) 277 (70-68-70-69)
. Annie Park (USA) 277 (68-69-71-69)
. Hannah Green (AUS) 277 (67-66-72-72)
9. Ashleigh Buhai (RSA) 278 (70-74-67-67)
. Madelene Sagstrom (SWE) 278 (72-68-70-68)
. Jasmine Suwannapura (THA) 278 (69-71-70-68)
. Albane Valenzuela (SUI) 278 (66-74-69-69)
49. Maria Fassi (MEX) 285 (72-71-67-75)