It has already become a classic, one of those sports traditions that are irretrievably linked to a specific day and that generate an imm
It has already become a classic, one of those sports traditions that are irretrievably linked to a specific day and that generate an immense amount of economic benefits. The NBA bet to compete in Christmas and emerges victorious from a wasteland in sports entertainment, with exquisite business acumen, scheduling spectacular games at prime time in both the United States and Europe. Basketball lovers from the Old Continent lick their lips at the opportunity to see exquisite duels on a festive and disconnected day, attending demonstrations of absolute power, with the big stars throwing the rest out to shine.
And it is that, historically, this day has been detected as one of the most important of the season and one in which the best must prove that they are. Every year new opportunities open up for young hopefuls for glory to leave their mark on the NBA statistics and their mark on the golden history of this competition, with a stellar performance that equates them to some of the legends that have shone on such an important date. There are many examples of memorable performances throughout history and we have selected 10 that every lover of this sport should know and review, in order to appreciate what is to come.
- Wilt Chamberlain (1961) 59 points and 36 rebounds
- Nate Tiny Archibald (1972): 20 points and 18 assists
- Bernard King (1984): 60 points, 7 rebounds and 4 assists
- Pat Ewing (1985): 32 points, 11 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals and a block
- Scottie Pippen (1994): 36 points, 16 rebounds, 5 steals, 3 assists and 2 blocks
- Shaquille O’Neal (1995): 22 points and 18 rebounds
- Tracy McGrady (2003): 41 points, 11 assists and 8 rebounds
- Kobe Bryant vs Shaquille O’Neal (2004): 42 points and 6 assists against 24 points and 11 rebounds
- Lebron James (2010): 27 points, 11 rebounds and 10 assists
- Kyrie Irving (2018): 40 points and 10 rebounds