The Clan Ferrario carried out the Boxing Festival that marked the closure of activities for the year 2021 at the Club Ciudad facilities. This
The Clan Ferrario carried out the Boxing Festival that marked the closure of activities for the year 2021 at the Club Ciudad facilities. This time in the midst of the pandemic and flexibility of activities, the public was able to access the show in person, beyond which Somos also broadcast on frequency 7 of the local channel and the Facebook platforms and the YouTube channel with the stories of Juan Carlos Bravo.
In the only professional fight Kevin Zárate (70,100 kg) beat his rival Rufino, Ezequiel Borda (68,800 kg) by abandonment. The fight did not take many minutes. It was agreed to 4 rounds. The first round was of study and the outcome did not pass to major.
In the second round Borda suffered a cut in the beginning and it was increasing before the attack of Zárate who wanted to exacerbate the problem of his rival. Rufino’s fighter was gesturing to the corner. In the absence of 40 seconds the referee started a protection account and finally blew the towel marking the abandonment. In this way Zárate won. The victory was celebrated in a special way because of the effort made by Zárate to get to fight after having suffered previous days of pain in the area of the sciatic nerve.
The referee for the fights was Oscar Argüello from the Argentine Boxing Federation. In different fights for the Ferrario Clan, Néstor Ferrario, Elias Pino and Luis Zárate, Kevin’s father, were in the corner.
* Tomás Colazo (July 9) tied with Franco Santini (Rojas).
* María Viotti (Naón, July 9) beat Lourdes Gerónimo (Rojas) by knockout. Ten seconds into the fight Viotti landed a right hand to the jaw of his rival and sent it to the canvas.
* Francisco Valinote (July 9) beat Braian Julián Ríos de Pasteur on points.
* Tomás Alonso (July 9) retained the Buenos Aires Novice title against Martín Vivas (Chivilvoy), who received a protection account in the second round. A difficult fight for Alonso that he was able to carry out.
* Elián González (Parchment) clearly beat Franco Rossi (July 9). The cards saw the visitor as the winner, in a split decision.
* Joaquín Veliz (French, July 9) beat Enzo Herrera on points, in a fight in which Veliz used different strategies to counter his rival.
* Franco Bethouart de Bellocq (Carlos Casares) maintains the Buenos Aires League title by beating Francisco Levetti (Ameghino) in a very good fight.