The Women's Euro 2022 came to an end and with it an edition that, in addition to the triumph of England set a record for assists in the UEFAdoublin
The Women’s Euro 2022 came to an end and with it an edition that, in addition to the triumph of England set a record for assists in the UEFAdoubling the numbers left by the edition of Netherlands 2017.
In the 2014 edition, 240,055 people gathered in the different stadiums to support their teams. In England 2022that amount increased to 574 thousand 875, highlighting the assistance to the grand final in Wembley between the local team before Germany where 87,192 gathered to see the rose team lift the title.
This title match broke the record for attendance at any matchup. women’s soccer organized by UEFAbecause that honor was held by the duel between Spain and the USSR when in 1964, the Santiago Bernabeu housed 79 thousand 115 souls for the final of the Euro.
In addition to this brand, the Euro 2022 He managed to break another five records that are the following:
- Highest attendance at a Group Stage match without the host team: 22,596 in the Switzerland vs Netherlands
- Highest attendance in a Quarterfinal match: 28 thousand 994 in the England vs Spain
- Highest attendance in a Quarterfinal match without the host team: 15 thousand 025 in the Germany vs. Austria
- Highest attendance in Semifinals: 28 thousand 624 in the England vs Sweden
- Highest attendance in Semifinals without the host team: 27 thousand 455 in the Germany vs France
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: CRISTIANO RONALDO: RE-APPEARED WITH MANCHESTER UNITED IN PLAY AGAINST RAYO VALLECANO