THE SHOW OBTAINED 458,000 P2 + VIEWERS, INCLUDING 160,000 VIEWERS IN THE A18-49 DEMOGRAPHIC GROUP, AT MIDNIGHT ET DECEMBER 17 NEW YORK - December 2
THE SHOW OBTAINED 458,000 P2 + VIEWERS,
INCLUDING 160,000 VIEWERS IN THE A18-49 DEMOGRAPHIC GROUP,
AT MIDNIGHT ET DECEMBER 17
NEW YORK – December 22, 2021 – Combate Global announced today that, at midnight ET, the first awards ceremony of the mixed martial arts (MMA) sports franchise had a total of 458,000 P2 + television viewers on Univision and TUDN USA on Friday, 17 December.
“The Combate awards show was a great example of the exciting, high-quality programming that we do,” said Campbell McLaren, CEO of Combate Global. “More people watched our awards show than most regular fight shows from other MMA organizations.”
The total audience included 160,000 viewers in the coveted A18-49 demographic.
The Global Combat Awards show the winners in 10 different categories:
- Fight of the Year – Roberto Romero vs. Zedekiah Montanez
- Fighter of the Year – Cristian “Puas” Perez
- Knockout of the Year – David “The Black Spartan” Martinez (KO won against Francisco “Cisco” Rivera, Jr.)
- Submission of the Year – Irlanda Galindo (Rear-naked choke against Maraya Miller)
- Comeback of the Year – Max “Steel” Gonzalez (Submission (rear-naked choke) against Bryce Gamboa)
- Debut of the Year – Patrick “The Leech” Lehane
- Fighter’s Heart – Gloria Bravo
- Social Responsibility – Diana Mendoza
- Surprise of the Year – Enrique “Baby Bull” Gonzalez
- Fan Favorite – Lucero “La Loba” Acosta
The awards ceremony marked the conclusion of a brilliant year for Combate Global, which produced a total of 30 live television events, including its first European wrestling tournament that garnered 946,000 P2 + viewers on Univision, a new record for the organization of MMA, in August. one.