Horner: "It was weird"
Horner: “It was weird”
The FIA announces new rules that will give teams more peace of mind
1. Red Bull Racing RBPT – 340 points
2. Ferrari – 278 points
3. Mercedes – 210 points
4. McLaren Mercedes – 73 points
5. Alpine Renault – 70 points
6. Alfa Romeo Ferrari – 51 points
7. Alpha Tauri RBPT – 27 points
8. Haas Ferrari – 22 points
9. Aston Martin Aramco Mercedes – 18 points
10. Williams Mercedes – 3 points
1. Max Verstappen – 189 points
2. Sergio Perez – 151 points
3. Charles Leclerc – 145 points
4. Carlos Sainz – 133 points
5. George Russell – 116 points
6. Lewis Hamilton – 94 points
7. Lando Norris – 58 points
8. Valtteri Bottas – 46 points
9. Esteban Ocon – 42 points
10. Fernando Alonso – 28 points
11. Kevin Magnussen – 18 points
12. Pierre Gasly – 16 points
13. Sebastian Vettel – 15 points
14. Daniel Ricciardo – 15 points
15. Yuki Tsunoda – 11 points
16. Guanyu Zhou – 5 points
17. Mick Schumacher – 4 points
18. Alexander Albon – 3 points
19. Lance Stroll – 3 points
20. Nicholas Latifi – 0 points
21. Nico Hulkenberg – 0 points
Official: Sainz will start from the bottom of the grid in France
Chronicle of the FP3: Verstappen takes off and flies in France ahead of pole
Chronicle of the FP2: Sainz, the best in France
Chronicle of the FP1: Leclerc, good start in France against Verstappen
“Yesterday they were much quicker. They were complaining on one lap. Maybe now they have worked more on one lap and sacrifice a bit of long runs to go better on one lap. With Charles I have not heard that there is any problem but they are removing the cover of the engine…”
Ferrari has also changed the clutch system because it was not working well at the start: “Lately if you look at the starts we have not been as efficient as we should be compared to Red Bull. We have made modifications. It is an area where we believe we can improve “.
Now, in these third practices of the 2022 F1 French GP, Alonso is performing an atanda with medium rubber.
The opposite happened in Austria, which was a more demanding circuit with the rear wheels, something that was better for Ferrari, and for this reason it was superior in race pace. We should see this trend throughout the year. So to make your predictions, be very aware of whether you compete in a ‘front limited’ circuit (demanding with the front tires) or ‘rear limited’ (demanding with the rear wheels).
“I think if (the transfer) is the best option for us, then we will consider it, but if we have another more beneficial solution, then we would go for this one.”
Marc Gené (Ferrari), said on DAZN F1 that Ferrari, if they changed the engine, would not announce it until before the ‘qualy’ so as not to give Red Bull any clues. But everything seemed to indicate that it would be so. It already happened with Leclerc in Canada, who changed the control unit and on Saturday he changed the entire power unit to start last.
– Free 1:
Leclerc, good start in France against Verstappen
– Free practice 2: Sainz, the best in France
Will Leclerc be able to beat Verstappen or will Max be the one to surprise the Monegasque? Will Sainz finally penalize and start from last position due to a change in Power Unit? What will Alonso’s Alpine be able to do? All the answers, in this direct from the 2022 Formula 1 French GP.