Great local boxing personalities led by "Tigre" Garza were recognized in the Amateur Box Tournament. former champions global and nationals as well
Great local boxing personalities led by “Tigre” Garza were recognized in the Amateur Box Tournament.
former champions global and nationals as well as distinguished personalities who have been a fundamental piece for the growth of the sport of fists in this border, gathered to be deservedly recognized in the Amateur Boxing Tournament organized by the Municipal Sports Institute.
Under a spectacular framework where approximately 500 people gathered in the parking lot of the Sports Center, the fighters of different local gyms They staged 22 high-level matches. Although everyone received their medal for participating, only the winners took home a very special trophy.
But surely the tribute It was the most emotional part of the night since bringing so many figures together was not an easy mission. The fans applauded standing up and remembered great moments like the fights between “Kid” Rubaldino, “Tigre” Garza and “Battling” Torres Jr..
- Carlos González Hinojosa (Former President of the Box and Wrestling Commission)
- Omar Mintun Escalona (Former member of the Box and Fight Commission)
- Juan Barrera (Boxing and wrestling promoter)
- Néstor el “Tigre” Garza (Former boxer and only world champion from Reynosa)
- Raymundo “Battling” Torres Jr. (Former boxer, 3 times national champion)
- Rosbel “Lobito” Montoya (Former boxer, first FECOMBOX champion from Reynosa)
- José Luis Baltazar (Former boxer, national champion)
- Roberto “Kid” Rubaldino (Former boxer, national champion)
- José Antonio García Reina (First international referee)
- Miguel Acuña Salas (RIP) (Former member of the Box and Fight Commission)
- Joel Soto Jiménez (Manager and promoter)