Get used to the new distribution of Movistar Plus+ sports channels it is not an easy task. In recent times there have been changes in the name of
Movistar Plus + changes the name of its football channels again, will it be the definitive one?
Get used to the new distribution of Movistar Plus+ sports channels it is not an easy task. In recent times there have been changes in the name of some of them caused by the different way they have to number on DAZN, whose integration has been part of the agreement to broadcast the entire LaLiga.
The sports streaming platform named its secondary channels as it happens with movie sequels, with a 2 directly, while in Movistar Plus+ the secondary channels did so from 1. Now, everything has been equalized according to the same standard, so it seems that this time it will be the definitive change for the rest of the season 2022/2023 soccer.
Another change of channel names
So far in 2022 we have seen several changes in the Movistar Plus + channels. The first took place shortly after the beginning of the year, when it was decided to change the general name of the channels owned by Movistar from «Movistar XXX» to «XXX by M+». This led to the appearance of channels with names like LaLiga for M+ and Champions League for M+.
A few weeks ago, the change had to do with a unification of criteria with respect to DAZN. With the inclusion of the DAZN LaLiga channels, the streaming platform decided to name its secondary channels from 2 (the exceptions are the DAZN 1 and DAZN 2 channels, because there is no DAZN alone).
Last season, the LaLiga football channels started first with LaLiga on M+ and then followed by LaLiga on M+ 1. The same thing also happened with the Champions League channels, where the second channel to watch this continental competition carried the number 1. In addition, this numbering was also different from that of Movistar, for example, with its Estrenos por M+ channel, whose secondary channel has a number 2 instead of a number 1 (Estrenos por M+ 2).
New names of Movistar Plus+ sports channels
In addition to this change of criteria so that all secondary channels start from the 2nd, the Movistar television platform has applied a few dial changes in recent times. On the one hand, the dials were restructured compared to last week and, on the other, it has received the specific channels that LaLiga produces for the Second Division competition, LaLiga Smartbank.
The latter were also presented as LaLiga Smartbank TV 1 and LaLiga Smartbank TV 2, although the new logo already appears in the list of channels on the platform, which certifies that they will also be called from number 2: LaLiga Smartbank TV M2 and LaLiga Smartbank TV M3. The name of Gol TV has also been changed to Gol Play after the change last Friday, August 12.
The complete list of sports channels in their current name and dial is as follows:
- LaLiga by M+ (dial 52)
- DAZN LaLiga (dial 53)
- LaLiga Smartbank TV (dial 54)
- LaLiga 2 by M+ (dial 55)
- Champions League by M+ (dial 56)
- Champions League 2 by M+ (dial 57)
- Champions League 3 by M+ (dial 58)
- Sports by M+ (dial 59)
- Sports 2 by M+ (dial 60)
- Sports 3 by M+ (dial 61)
- Goal Play (dial 69)
- LaLiga 3 by M+ (dial 167)
- LaLiga 4 by M+ (dial 168)
- LaLiga 5 by M+ (dial 169)
- LaLiga 6 by M+ (dial 170)
- LaLiga 7 by M+ (dial 171)
- DAZN LaLiga 2 (dial 172)
- LaLiga Smartbank TV M2 (dial 177)
- LaLiga Smartbank TV M3 (dial 178)
- Champions League 4 by M+ (dial 180)
- Champions League 5 by M+ (dial 181)
- Champions League 6 by M+ (dial 182)
- Champions League 7 by M+ (dial 183)
- Champions League 8 by M+ (dial 184)
- Champions League 9 by M+ (dial 185)
- Champions League 10 by M+ (dial 186)
- Champions League 11 by M+ (dial 187)
- Champions League 12 by M+ (dial 188)
- Champions League 13 by M+ (dial 189)
- Sports 4 by M+ (dial 191)
- Sports 5 by M+ (dial 192)
- Sports 6 by M+ (dial 193)
- Sports 7 by M+ (dial 194)
- Sports 8 by M+ (dial 195)