The NBA Free Agency 2022 promises strong emotions. After the Finals and the Draft, the NBA brings another of its main dishes: the transfer market.
NBA 2022 free agents: who are the best point guards to end their contracts?
- The best point guards to end their contract in the NBA
- Jalen Brunson (Dallas Mavericks)
- Anfernee Simons (Portland Trail Blazers, restricted agent)
- Ricky Rubio (Cleveland Cavaliers)
- Honorable mentions
The NBA Free Agency 2022 promises strong emotions. After the Finals and the Draft, the NBA brings another of its main dishes: the transfer market. It is one of the periods of greatest interest around the competition.
The base market offers different options. Some star has to decide his future, it is true, but above all many intelligent players appear, with experience or outstanding specialties. Discover in The Sporting News The best guards of the NBA Free Agency 2022.
Free agents by position: Shooting guards | Eaves | Power forwards | Pivots
The best point guards to end their contract in the NBA
More | Who are the 2022 free agents? All players in the NBA market
Jalen Brunson (Dallas Mavericks)
- Age: 25
- Stockings: 16.3 points, 4.8 assists and 3.9 rebounds
- minutes per game: 31.9
Progressive evolution since its first season. He lost minutes last year with Rick Carlisle, but with Jason Kidd he has been indisputable. Luka Doncic’s best teammate in Dallas. In the 2022 Playoffs he went up to 21.6 points per night with 47% shooting.
He is an unrestricted free agent and will receive a lot of interest. The incentive of the Mavs, beyond the existing connection, is to offer the fifth year of the contract and more money. The Texans are obliged to renew him or they will not be able to fill that gap with a similar player. Knicks or Pistons, among those interested.
Anfernee Simons (Portland Trail Blazers, restricted agent)
- Age: 23
- Stockings: 17.3 points, 3.9 assists and 2.6 rebounds
- minutes per game: 29.5
He exploded without Lillard or McCollum to become the star of the rebuilding Blazers. While Simons was in action they won games. Very special talent to get many points easily. Has a sniper rifle per arm.
He is a restricted free agent and everything points to a renewal in Portland. Both parties are interested in continuity. The idea is for Simons to be Lillard’s offensive partner. in the umpteenth attempt of the Blazers around their leader.
Ricky Rubio (Cleveland Cavaliers)
- Age: 31
- Stockings: 13.1 points, 6.6 assists and 4.1 rebounds
- minutes per game: 28.5
The terrible anterior cruciate ligament injury suffered in December marks everything. He was having a remarkable year with the Cavaliers and faces Free Agency with great courage. Veteran, excellent partner and moment of maximum confidence in his career.
Ricky will receive interest from many Playoff teams interested in his services. Even so, the preferred option seems to return to Cleveland. Rubio found himself very comfortable in Ohio. Attention to juicy offers of candidates. The Spanish point guard has the respect of the league.
- Tyus Jones (Memphis Grizzlies): One of the most reliable backup point guards in the league. No restrictions.
- Delon Wright (Atlanta Hawks): his defense allows him to play in the Playoffs. Undervalued. No restrictions.
- Dennis Schroeder (Houston Rockets): free verse within any team or scheme. The German has talent and needs the role of sixth man to contribute. No restrictions.
- Patty MillsBrooklyn Nets: One of the best shooters in Free Agency. The points fall from his hands. Player option.
- Rajon Rondo (Cleveland Cavaliers): experience and leadership. Rondo is still useful, especially for the playoffs. No restrictions.
The opinions expressed herein do not necessarily represent the NBA or its organizations.