ANDhe NBA All-Star Weekend 2022, the great American basketball party, will take place between February 18 and 20 in Cleveland (Ohio). An event tha
NBA All Star 2022: Participants in the NBA All Star 3-point, dunk and skill contest
ANDhe NBA All-Star Weekend 2022, the great American basketball party, will take place between February 18 and 20 in Cleveland (Ohio). An event that began with the celebrity game and the Rising Stars, the clash between the rookies, and that will continue in the early hours of Saturday, February 19 to Sunday, February 20, with the famous contests. A whole NBA menu for basket lovers who have this weekend marked on their calendar.
Saturday February 19: Contests
After last season’s experiment caused by the pandemic in which they were held during the break of the all-star game, the contests return to their original format and will be held on Saturday 19 from 2:00 a.m. in continuous session.
A team competition in which three players from the same franchise face a circuit of skills with dribbling, speed and shooting as the main challenges. These are the participants in the contest of skills.
- Team Rooks: A team of first-year players made up of some of the great candidates for Rookie of the Year such as Scottie Barnes (Toronto Raptors), Cade Cunningham (Detropit Pistons) and Josh Giddey (Oklahoma City Thunder).
- Team Cavaliers: A team that will represent the city of Cleveland and its franchise, the Cavaliers, as hosts of this NBA All Star. they will form it Jarrett Allen, Darius Garland, and Evan Mobley.
- Team Antetokounmpo: The big news. The three Antetokounmpo brothers on the same team, defending the family name. They will be on the field Giannis Antetokounmpo (Milwaukee Bucks), Thanasis Antetokounmpo (Milwaukee Bucks) and Alex Antetokounmpo (G-League Raptors 905).
A classic of All Star who was born in 1986, at the All Star held in Dallas, Texas. The best shooters in the league come together in a contest that has changed its format in recent seasons, adding a car only with balls that are worth double. The participants this season are:
- Karl-Anthony Towns (Minnesota Timberwolves): The Minnesota Timberwolves center is one of the best tall men when it comes to shooting from beyond the arc as shown by his 41% this season
- Zach LaVine (Chicago Bulls): The shooting guard is one of the stars of the renewed Chicago Bulls and could become the first player in history to win the slam dunk contest (2015 and 2016) and the triples contest.
- Fred VanVleet (Toronto Raptors): One of the revelations of the last seasons in the NBA. He has gone from undrafted to all-star in just five seasons. His triple percentage this season is 40%, being one of the main references in the Canadians.
- Trae Young (Atlanta Hawks): The base is already one of the great stars of the NBA with an offensive basketball that has made him one of the best scorers in the NBA. He shoots from anywhere and has a 38.3% shooting rate from 3-point range this season.
- Desmond Bane (Memphis Grizzlies):Second-year player for the Memphis Grizzlies who, like his team, has become one of the revelations in the league and who is a great threat from beyond the arc, where he accumulates a 42.4% success rate in his still short career.
- Luke Kennard (Los Angeles Clippers) : Specialist from long distance, he arrives at the Cleveland event as one of the favorites to win the title and thus succeed Stephen Curry as champion of the tournament. His credentials: 45% shooting this season.
- CJ McCollum (New Orleans Pelicans): The trade from Portland to New Orleans doesn’t seem to have affected his wrist and he remains one of the most prolific scorers in the NBA. This season he is averaging 22 points per game and 39% shooting from 3-point range.
- Patty Mills (Brooklyn Nets): The Australian is a true specialist when it comes to breaking games from the three pointer starting from the bench. This season the Nets have survived thanks to some of their streaks (8 triples against the Lakers, for example) and their 42% accuracy.
It is the great moment of the All Star weekend. Or at least it was until a few years ago. A contest in which not only jumping ability and aesthetics are valued, but also originality and the staging of dunks are rewarded.
Juan Toscano-Anderson (Golden State Warriors): The Mexican forward is one of the most spectacular players in the league and he shows it almost in every game with an energy that leads him to infect his teammates.
Jalen Green (Houston Rockets): The rookie of the Houston Rockets is a regular protagonist in the best plays of the night thanks to his running power and his vertical jump.
Cole Anthony (Orlando Magic): After starring in one of the All Star moments in the rookie game, the second-year player for the Orlando Magic wants to prove that he is more than just a shooter.
Obi Toppin (New York Knicks): Last season he was at the gates of the title and this year he will want to make up for it. He is the big favorite for the final victory.