ANDn July 31, one of the best players in the history of the NBA passed away. bill russell, in addition to being remembered for being an excellent r
NBA: The NBA withdraws Bill Russell’s mythical number ‘6’ from all franchises in the league
ANDn July 31, one of the best players in the history of the NBA passed away. bill russell, in addition to being remembered for being an excellent rebounder and blocker, he was, is and will be remembered for fighting the racism that unfortunately was and is in the United States. He was a great activist.
From the moment of his loss, Rumors arose in the United States that the NBA was going to withdraw its mythical number ‘6’ from all teams in the league. And that rumor is now a fact, as Shams Charania has advanced through his Twitter account.
Only the players who were going to wear it during the next season will be able to wear the number ‘6’as is the case with Lebron James. Although it is true that the players who want to wear it can wear it. We’ll see if ‘King’ James wears it next year, though presumably that he change his number because of the enormous respect he had for the ‘Lord of the Rings’. In the past it has been used by other legends such as Julius Erving and Patrick Ewing, who are part of the Hall of Fame.
Players who wore the number ‘6’ last season
– Nickeil Alexander-Walker Pelicans | Jazz
– Moses Brown | Cleveland Cavaliers
– Shaq Buchanan | memphis grizzlies
– Alex Caruso | chicago bulls
– Zylan Cheatham | Utah Jazz
– gabriel deck | Oklahoma City Thunder
– Hamidou Diallo | Detroit Pistons
– David Duke Jr. | Brooklyn Nets
– Bryan Forbes | Denver Nuggets
– Melvin Frazier | Oklahoma City Thunder
– Quentin Grimes | New York Knicks
– Montrezl Harrell | Washington Wizards
– Lebron James | Los Angeles Lakers
– Keon Johnson | Portland Trail Blazers
– Kenyon Martin Jr. | Houston Rockets
– Jalen McDaniels | Charlotte Hornets
– Jordan McLaughlin | minnesota timberwolves
– Kevin Pangos | Cleveland Cavaliers
– Kristaps Porzingis | Mavericks | Wizards
– Javonte Smart | milwaukee bucks
– lance stephenson | Indiana Pacers
– Rayjon Tucker | Denver Nuggets
– Luca Vildoza | milwaukee bucks
– Tyrone Wallace | New Orleans Pelicans
– louis williams | Atlanta Hawks
The MLB has already withdrawn the number of Jackie Robinson
This fact is something unusual in the history of the NBAalthough not in the United States. The MLBthe main baseball league, in 1997 he retired the number ’42’ worn by another sports pioneer like Jackie Robinson.