Free Agency 2022 will be remembered for many years as that of the 'super extensions'. Between renewals of players with current contract
Free Agency 2022 will be remembered for many years as that of the ‘super extensions’. Between renewals of players with current contracts and those free agents who have re-signed for their teams, there have been many who have agreed a maximum contract for the coming seasons.
The monetary amount that the stars of the NBA they receive per season is increasing progressively each season. In a few years it will be no surprise to see the best players in the North American basketball competition receiving amounts approaching 80 million dollars per year.
Without going any further, Nikola Jokic has set a record in which he will receive 270 million dollars in exchange for five seasons, the highest contract in NBA history. But will he be the highest paid center in the 2022/23 campaign? Next, the 10 ‘centers’ that will receive the most money next year.
- Rudy Gobert – Minnesota Timberwolves: $38.172 million.
- Karl-Anthony Towns – Minnesota Timberwolves: $33.833 million.
- Kristaps Porzingis – Washington Wizards: $33.833 million (tied with Towns).
- Joel Embiid – Philadelphia 76ers: $33.616 million.
- Nikola Jokic – Denver Nuggets: $33.047 million.
- DeAndre Ayton – Phoenix Suns: $30.913 million.
- Bam Adebayo – Miami Heat: 30.351 million dollars.
- Nikola Vucevic – Chicago Bulls: 22 million dollars.
- Jarrett Allen – Cleveland Cavaliers: $20 million (tied with Vucevic).
- Clint Capela – Atlanta Hawks: $18.706 million.
Deandre Ayton’s contract extension is official. —
— Hoop Central (@TheHoopCentral) July 19, 2022