This Wednesday the last official training of the tricolor team was special. The entire team visited the gym of the London 2012 medalist, Óscar Muñoz, who invited them to his facilities.
“It is a great pride for me that they accepted the invitation, I have lived these crucial moments as an athlete and I knew that they would feel good here. I wish them the best for this Thursday,” said the taekwondo player.
The Colombian Boxing Team had its last stage of preparation at the High Performance Center in the city of Bogotá and later settled in Valledupar.
“We have done a good job, the boys are ready and we know that we can do a good job in these finals. Tomorrow (Thursday) we will know how it went,” said Cuban coach Rafael Iznaga.
And one of the stars of the night will be “Tremendous” Yuberjen Martínez, a member of Team Colombia, who hopes to successfully defend the country’s colors.
“We’re fine, the fights went in the best way and we’re going to give it our all. We’re going to make a good presentation,” said Yuber.
The national boxers who will be in competition this Thursday from 6:00 pm will be the following:
– Yuberjen Martinez vs. Miguel Ramos (48-52kg)
– Yilmar Gonzalez vs. Jean Caicedo (52-57kg)
– Jose Manuel Viafara vs. Alexy de la Cruz (57-63kg)
– Jorge Luis Vivas vs. Cristian Pinales (75-81kg)
– Marlon Hurtado vs. Julio Castillo (81-92kg)
– Cristian Salcedo vs. Miguel Veliz (91kg)
– Ingrid Valencia vs. Miguelina Hernandez (48-51kg)
– Yeni Arias vs. Omailyn Alcala (54-57kg)
– Angie Valdes vs. Valentina Bustamante (57-60kg)
– Shirleidis Orozco vs. Maria Moronta (64-69kg)